Tea-Liverty Herbal Tea
Description: Supports optimal liver function.* A primary blend of roots and seeds that helps support liver and bowel function. Makes a great caffeine free coffee*
- BURDOCK ROOT: Widely used in Japanese cuisine, it helps to detoxify the body by helping to induce sweating and urination. As a diuretic it may help the body eliminate excess toxins. It may also help assist with liver cell regrowth.
- DANDELION ROOT: This "weed" acts as a diuretic and is known to be a "liver tonic" because it helps increase the flow of bile which helps to detoxify the liver.
- CHICKORY ROOT: Long been used as a substitute for coffee because it looks, and to some degree tastes, like coffee, but it is naturally caffeine-free. has an incredible source of dietary fiber made up of inulin which is a prebiotic fiber that acts like fuel for your healthy gut bacteria.
- CARDAMOM SEEDS: Its active components help flush out waste from your bloodstream, eliminate free radicals and heavy metal ions.
- CINNAMON CHIPS: Its antioxidants have potent anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have also discovered that cinnamon appears to inhibit the buildup of a protein called tau in the brain, which is one of the hallmarks of Alzheimer's disease.
- GINGER ROOT: Most of the benefits of ginger root tea are associated with its antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, digestive, antispasmodic, expectorant, hypotensive, anti-tumor, and relaxant properties. These effects are partly due to the presence of dietary fiber, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin C, but primarily as a result of the volatile oils and antioxidants found in ginger, gingerol being the most important.
- ORANGE PEEL: Contains lots of Vitamin C, contains lots of pectins which can help lower cholesterol, is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent, and helps boost the immune system.
- VITEX BERRIES: Positively affects hormonal health by balancing estrogen and progesterone in a woman’s body. Has also been shown to contain components that inhibit proliferation and kills prostate cancer cells.
- LICORICE ROOT: A diuretic that helps detoxify the body by stimulating urination which helps to eliminate excess salts, fats, toxins, and water.
Instructions: Add 1 tsp to each 8 oz cup of cold water. Simmer, covered for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain and sweeten with honey or stevia to taste. Add milk, if desired for more body. Drink one or more cups daily.
Alternate Instructions: Use 1 tsp per 8 oz cup; pour boiling water over tea and allow to steep for 5-10 minutes.
Warning: Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or if you have a medical condition. Do not use this product if you have an allergy to any of its ingredients.
Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or if you have a medical condition. Do not use this product if you have an allergy to any of its ingredients. Processed in a shared facility that processes nuts and/or nut oils.
* For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.