Moisturizer for Dry Skin (f/k/a Chickie Gold Moisturizer)
About the Moisturizer: The ingredients in this moisturizer were carefully chosen to hydrate even the most dry skin making this moisturizer an optimal choice for mature skin. One of the natural powerhouses in this moisturizer is olive oil which has been used for millennia for skin care. We also included ingredients that are natural antioxidants capable of fighting free radicals, which cause wrinkles, and are easily absorbed by the skin.
Skin Type: Dry skin.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Calendula, Chickweed, Comfrey, Water, Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe Vera Plant, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, and Xantham Gum), Beeswax, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Tamanu Oil, Vitamin E, Lavender Essential Oil.
About the ingredients:
- OLIVE OIL: Contains oleic acid which is a moisturizing and regenerating fatty acid. Also has squalene which is a naturally-occurring, non-toxic, hypoallergenic, ingredient that enhances the ability of other emollients and humectants to penetrate into the skin.
- CALENDULA: Also called “Pot Marigold” and is a cleansing and detoxifying herb good for inflamed or angry skin.
- CHICKWEED: A soothing herb with vitamin C proven to help with skin conditions like eczema.
- COMFREY LEAF: Known for its astringent and anti-inflammatory effects on the skin from the rosmarinic and phenolic acid it contains in addition to being both soothing and protecting because of the allantoin in it.
- SHEA BUTTER: Rich in vitamins A and E which fight free radicals.
- COCONUT OIL: A natural emollient rich in saturated fats, fatty acids and vitamins E and A that help promote the production of collagen and fight free radicals. Vitamin E is also easily absorbed by the lipid skin layer.
- TAMANU OIL: A thick and rich oil that is rapidly absorbed and leaves no oily residue. It contains three types of fats - netural lipids, glycolipids, and phospholipids - which help skin stay nourished and supple. The calophyllic acid it contains provides antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- VITAMIN E: Known for reducing skin damage caused by UV rays and pollution by increasing vitamin E amounts in skin cell membranes and in the lipid matrix of the lower levels of skin. Provides protection for the cells that make collagen and elastin and also helps to hydrate skin which can make fine lines less noticeable.
- LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL: A circulatory stimulant that increases blood flow bringing both nutrients and oxygen to the skin. Its antiseptic properties soothe and heal skin. Helps the body produce powerful antioxidants (glutathione, catalase, and superoxide dismutase) which help fight free radical damage.
Massage gently onto clean skin. It’s yummy stuff for your feet too so don’t be
Our Packaging: Packaged in glass and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) containers which are easily identifiable by their number 1 recycling codes. PET does not contain Bisphenol-A (BPA). PET is lightweight, strong, safe, shatterproof, and is the most widely recycled plastic since it can be recycled multiple times and turned into a variety of different products/containers.
Our Labels: : Label paper is made from 100% recycled, post-consumer waste.
Disclaimer: This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and it is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.